Author Topic: 8 Californians Who Left For Texas Say Why  (Read 487 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
8 Californians Who Left For Texas Say Why
« on: May 28, 2023, 02:56:33 pm »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 5/27/2023

Californians continue to flee the no-longer golden state, and many of them end up in Texas. ABC7 News in the bay area interviewed eight who fled as to why California dreaming has become a nightmare.

Some takeaways:

•  “In the span of two years, California’s population has dropped by more than a half million people.”

•  “I was assaulted twice on the BART.”

•  “I’ve never had a house this large in my life.”

•  “It is definitely a lower cost of living in Texas.”

•  “The home that I once remembered and knew back in the 1980s and the 1990s, a lot of that’s gone now.”

•  “Home prices are lower [in Texas], and there’s plenty of job opportunities.”

•  The former mayor of Ventura, CA moved to Texas in 2014. “One of the things I greatly fear about Venture and elsewhere in coastal California is that it’s not a place for everybody anymore, and especially not a place for young families. It’s a place basically where older, affluent people now live. And I think something has really been lost there.”

•  “Home prices in Texas cost less than half of homes in California. U.S. Census Bureau numbers show that the middle and lower classes are leaving California at a higher rate than the wealthy.”

•  “Many who have left in recent years say they simply couldn’t afford to stay.”

•  A mother with six kids says it’s simply impossible to afford a house large enough in California. “I feel like the California Dream was the American Dream in my grandparents’ and parents’ era. That’s just not possible for our generation to live that American Dream in that state anymore. It’s so expensive that you’re struggling every month just to get by and pay your rent and your mortgage and put food on the table.”

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=55000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IakAyNtrE_E&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.battleswarmblog.com%2F&source_ve_path=Mjg2NjY&feature=emb_logo

Offline Kamaji

Re: 8 Californians Who Left For Texas Say Why
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 05:38:27 pm »
And how many of them will continue voting democrat once they get to Texas?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 07:04:07 pm »
And how many of them will continue voting democrat once they get to Texas?

Since some 35% of CA'ians vote R and moving takes a lot of determination and energy, probably half or fewer.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 09:29:46 pm »
•  A mother with six kids says it’s simply impossible to afford a house large enough in California. “I feel like the California Dream was the American Dream in my grandparents’ and parents’ era.

That's because your parents and grandparents voted Republicans into office and delivered to you that California Dream.  But your generation thought you knew better.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 10:59:23 pm »
If they act anything like the leftists on the east coast,they will move to Texas,spend 30 days or so talking about what a relief it is to finally live free and not afraid of crime,and will then immediately  start campaigning to make Texas just like California.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2023, 11:16:14 pm »
8 Californians Who Left For Texas Say Why

aka Locusts.
The Republic is lost.