Author Topic: King Charles backed these care homes for 40 years – now Net Zero is forcing them to close  (Read 138 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
King Charles backed these care homes for 40 years – now Net Zero is forcing them to close
MAY 20, 2023
By Paul Homewood

It’s hard to think of anything more damning about the King’s obsession with climate change:

A care home charity backed by the King is being forced to shut down properties because of Government net zero rules.
Martin Green, chief executive of the country’s leading social care body Care England, said on Friday that the Government had “slapped another fee” on chronically underfunded care homes by introducing legislation which will force providers to meet new energy efficiency standards at great cost.
He warned care providers across the country faced closure due to the prohibitive expense of installing more energy efficient double glazing, insulation and heating systems, expected to cost social care providers hundreds of thousands of pounds.
He said: “The Government needs to see that, without help, care homes will not be able to deliver on this without losing beds.”
It came as the 60-year-old care home provider Abbeyfield, of which the King has been a patron for more than 40 years, confirmed 43 of its homes face closure because of the unmanageable costs of improving their Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating to C by 2030.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/05/20/king-charles-backed-these-care-homes-for-40-years-now-net-zero-is-forcing-them-to-close/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson