Author Topic: Long-Delayed Nuclear Modernization More Important Than Ever, AFGSC Boss Says  (Read 97 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Long-Delayed Nuclear Modernization More Important Than Ever, AFGSC Boss Says
May 7, 2023 | By Chris Gordon

It’s come a few decades later than perhaps it should have, but the U.S. is on the precipice of sweeping and much-needed modernization for its nuclear arsenal, the Air Force’s top boss for strategic forces said May 4.

The Pentagon is spending over $600 billion on its nuclear enterprise this decade, investing in new command, control, and communications systems, ballistic missile submarines, stealth bombers, and intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Gen. Thomas A. Bussiere, the head of Air Force Global Strike Command, said after the Cold War, the U.S.’s decision not to invest in its nuclear forces was “based on what the world was presenting at the time.” The U.S. was holding out hope on the prospect of friendly relations with Russia, while the economic rise of China was welcomed by many as a peaceful development.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/long-delayed-nuclear-modernization-afgsc-boss/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Maybe they just need something special for the B-21 to do! :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson