Author Topic: Trump, looking to regain 2016 magic, moves away from the Republican brand  (Read 250 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump, looking to regain 2016 magic, moves away from the Republican brand

Former President Donald Trump has all but dropped a key word from his vocabulary: Republican.

He didn’t say it when he met with supporters — including a Jan. 6 defendant — at the Red Arrow Diner in Manchester, New Hampshire, late last month.

During remarks to a packed ballroom at the DoubleTree hotel earlier that day, he said it only in praising some GOP governors’ work during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Since he hit the campaign trail in early March, according to an NBC review of Trump’s speeches, interviews, video posts and face-to-face interactions with voters, the front-runner for the Republican Party’s 2024 nomination has used the name of the party he seeks to represent in sparing fashion — and typically to disparage other party luminaries.............

................“Fox News and [Senate GOP leader] Mitch McConnell and the Republican donors have basically signed a pledge to stop Trump at any opportunity. So, why should he be touting the Republican Party?” Steve Bannon, host of the “War Room” podcast and the CEO of Trump’s 2016 campaign, told NBC News. “He shouldn’t be loyal to the Republican Party. They haven’t been loyal to him — they’ve scheduled 10 primary debates to wound him.”

In essence, according to advisers and allies, Trump is returning to the anti-establishment themes of his successful 2016 bid for the presidency that rallied voters to slay the favorite totems, orthodoxies and candidates of both parties...............

...............“We are the front-runner, damn it, and we’re acting like it,” the campaign adviser said. “We are doing what we have to do, and that’s beating Joe Biden.”..................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-looking-regain-2016-magic-110042120.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

If he doesn’t get the nomination, and that isn’t guaranteed, he’ll go 3rd party
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO predicts:
"If he doesn’t get the nomination, and that isn’t guaranteed, he’ll go 3rd party"

Then, let the chips fall where they may.

If he goes 3rd party, then no, Mr. Trump probably won't win.

But I'll make an almost-99% prediction:
If he goes 3rd party, Mr. Trump will come in second.
And.. the political party that comes in third will be all-but finished.

Offline libertybele

IMHO doubtful -- I don't think he would have the time needed to qualify as a third party candidate in all 50 states -- there is a time frame in each state as to when you have to get onto the ballot.  At least that is my understanding.

If Trump doesn't get the nomination, it's going to be a shoe-in for the DEMS as right now the GOP has Haley and Hutchison.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

I don't think so... I don't think he has the resources to mount a 3rd Party challenge ON HIS OWN.. Nor any party say like the Losertarian Party or the Constipation Party wouldn't be on the ballot in all 50 states.

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”