Author Topic: Exclusive: Northern border will also face crisis after Trump policy ends, Border Patrol union warns  (Read 419 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Exclusive: Northern border will also face crisis after Trump policy ends, Border Patrol union warns
May 4, 2023 | Jennie Taer 

Daily Caller News Foundation

The end of Title 42, the Trump-era migrant expulsion policy, will bring overwhelming conditions for Border Patrol agents trying to secure the U.S. border with Canada, National Border Patrol Council President for the Swanton sector Sean Walsh exclusively told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

The end of Title 42 on May 11 will drain the resources of Border Patrol up north as agents will be tasked with helping their colleagues handle an expected influx down at the southern border by helping process migrants either virtually or in person on deployments, Walsh told the DCNF. Title 42, which has been largely used on the southern border with Mexico to make more than 2.7 million expulsions, has also been used along the northern border with a handful of flights from Plattsburgh, New York, to Texas, the DCNF previously exclusively reported.

“We will be processing either remotely or sent down south on detail or even worse both. In addition, the majority of resources and funds will be focused toward the southern border and largely ignoring the northern border and coastal response,” Walsh, whose sector saw an 846% increase in apprehensions of illegal migrants between October 2022 and January 2023, said of how things will change after Title 42.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/05/04/exclusive-northern-border-will-also-face-crisis-after-trump-policy-ends-border-patrol-union-warns-1355958/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
IOW, this throws a monkey wrench into border enforcement all around.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Smokin' Joe observes:
"this throws a monkey wrench into border enforcement"

"Border enforcement" is easy.
It's simple.
I've seen it in action.
Nearly impenetrable.

It was called "The Berlin Wall".
I was there.
I went THROUGH the Wall (at Checkpoint Charlie).

Walls work.
Don't try to tell me that they don't.
I saw it for myself.

Online libertybele

...and the Canadians are responding how?  Or are they just letting ILLEGALS pass on through???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

We are being invaded from all entry points.  Who is doing a darn thing about it?  GOP???  Silent   DEMS??? Silent

Brandon was thinking about sending 1,500 troops .... shuffling paperwork is NOT defending our country!  9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Smokin' Joe observes:
"this throws a monkey wrench into border enforcement"

"Border enforcement" is easy.
It's simple.
I've seen it in action.
Nearly impenetrable.

It was called "The Berlin Wall".
I was there.
I went THROUGH the Wall (at Checkpoint Charlie).

Walls work.
Don't try to tell me that they don't.
I saw it for myself.
Land mines and copious amounts of barbed wire, geophones, and guards in towers who WILL shoot, all help secure that border. Some few got through, many did not make it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis