Author Topic: Conservatism, Inc. Fiddles While the Republic Burns  (Read 924 times)

Offline Kamaji

Conservatism, Inc. Fiddles While the Republic Burns
« on: May 01, 2023, 12:56:18 pm »
Conservatism, Inc. Fiddles While the Republic Burns

One should have a healthy, if only grudging, respect for the sheer force of effort, skill, and chicanery the Left perpetrates every day in the pursuit of its goals.

By Ned Ryun
April 30, 2023

While members of the conservative think tank elite, outfitted in black tie and ball gowns, sat celebrating themselves in a Washington, D.C., ballroom listening to Dierks Bentley and popping off fireworks over the Potomac, their opponents in Minnesota were pre-registering 16- and 17-year-olds to vote, enacting “motor voter” laws, and establishing pop-up polling locations wherever they expected a balloting hotspot might be (think drop boxes on steroids). 

While the Left is actually working to achieve generational political power, elites on the Right seem satisfied to simply celebrate . . . what? The latest white paper? The sold-out conference on how the Left is beating them in the political arena? Another record fundraising year where 60 percent of the funds go to promote the institution rather than on-the-ground efforts to implement the ideas? It’s usually all of the above. 

Anyone invested in liberty, free markets, and a fundamental respect for life should be horrified by the Left’s obsession with complete power. But this has been the trend for years. One should have a healthy, if only grudging, respect for the sheer force of effort, skill, and chicanery the Left perpetrates every day in the pursuit of its goals. The Left is wired for the pursuit of political power because they understand a very simple truism that my organization, American Majority, constantly emphasizes: politics is policy. The Left knows that if it has political power it gets to implement whatever hideous policy ideas they have—and, as we have seen, they have a lot of them.

Now juxtapose the Left’s pursuit and use of the sledgehammer of raw political power, with Conservatism, Inc. fiddling while the republic burns.

Nothing could have highlighted how the Left and Right approach “change” in this country better than the Left’s moves in Minnesota occurring simultaneously with the Heritage Foundation’s anniversary celebration for all of whatever it is that think tank now does.

The juxtaposition is a stark reminder that the fact of existence doesn’t equal achievement: I would argue most think tanks, especially the ones in D.C., haven’t accomplished anything meaningful in the last few decades to improve the situation in this country for the Right. In fact they have presented the wrong tactics and strategy with the wrong people all while generating false hope among their donors and our society that they can achieve any outcome of real merit.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2023/04/30/conservatism-inc-fiddles-while-the-republic-burns/

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Conservatism, Inc. Fiddles While the Republic Burns
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 01:59:39 pm »
Conservatism won a very real victory in capturing the USSC, a goal 50 years in the making. But the left is fired up like you wouldn't believe. This victory will be fleeting if something isn't done.

I was on Twitter and a lot of them were mentioning "burning it all down", which is exactly what is happening.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 02:07:47 pm »
It is MY  OPINION that the right LOVES losing because it allows them to play victims when they go begging for campaign donations,and they get more money  from this than they do from winnning control.

Hell,if they win political control,they will be expected to accomplish things,and most would be things that would reduce their cash flow.

Unlike the Dims,who want to win so they can dominate legislation and control. They don't need as much money  as the alleged Republicans to win public office because they OWN the "poor vote". Which is why  they are so dedicated to importing poor people from foreign countries into  the US,and keeping as many Americans voters as poor as possible.

Face it,financial prosperity for the  typical wage-earner would spell political death for the DNC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 02:19:06 pm »
Conservatism won a very real victory in capturing the USSC, a goal 50 years in the making. But the left is fired up like you wouldn't believe. This victory will be fleeting if something isn't done.

I was on Twitter and a lot of them were mentioning "burning it all down", which is exactly what is happening.

Indeed.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 04:22:37 pm »
While members of the conservative think tank elite,
outfitted in black tie and ball gowns,
sat celebrating themselves in a Washington, D.C., ballroom
listening to Dierks Bentley and popping off fireworks over the Potomac,
their opponents in Minnesota were
pre-registering 16- and 17-year-olds to vote,
enacting “motor voter” laws, and
establishing pop-up polling locations wherever they expected a balloting hotspot might be
(think drop boxes on steroids).

While the Left is actually working to achieve generational political power,
elites on the Right seem satisfied to simply celebrate . . . what?
The latest white paper?
The sold-out conference on how the Left is beating them in the political arena?
Another record fundraising year where
60 percent of the funds go to promote the institution
rather than on-the-ground efforts to implement the ideas?
It’s usually all of the above.

They're like a group of scholars congratulating one another
for their deep understanding of today's problems and their solutions,

while the "Democrats" have gathered a mob of illiterate thugs
who are about to storm the building and kill all the scholars.

Conservatism, Inc. has been making a good case for
why our policies SHOULD be implemented,
but is doing nothing to organize the FORCE that
it always takes to stop an illiterate mob.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 04:47:36 pm »
This article conflates Conservatism with mere Republican-ism.

Every action from the right that I can think of in my lifetime has been accomplished by Conservatives who happened to be Republicans.

But by and large, Republicans beat down their Conservative wing, and try their damnedest to assure the Conservatives will never rise again.

This is why I am no longer a Republican.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2023, 05:22:55 pm »
While they may be right leaning, it's still DC Jake. Most of them still don't get it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2023, 07:54:33 am »
The republic is dead.  How many elections have to go by before the general population realize it?  I figure by the 30s, the totalitarian control necessary to bring the USA on par with Russia, or Nazi Germany will be in place, and our freedom will disappear just as quick as it did in Germany in the 30s.  History does repeat itself.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2023, 12:29:01 pm »
The republic is dead.  How many elections have to go by before the general population realize it?  I figure by the 30s, the totalitarian control necessary to bring the USA on par with Russia, or Nazi Germany will be in place, and our freedom will disappear just as quick as it did in Germany in the 30s.  History does repeat itself.

@jafo2010

I agree. The majority of our politicians are in office to serve themselves,their familes,and their paymasters. America is no longer a free nation,only  a pretense of a free nation.

If one of the ususal suspects "wins" (is GIVEN the next election due to voter fraud by  the Uni-Party),America as a nation of free people is OVER.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2023, 12:42:31 am »
Title and premise:
"Conservatism, Inc. Fiddles While the Republic Burns"

The author is correct.

Considering the way things have been going, "Conservatism, Inc." and the Republican Party seem to have as much of a chance at saving the Republic as do the "conservative" parties of Western Europe have in saving those nations.

Something else -- and some other "party" -- will be required.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2023, 02:25:34 am »

Trumps Old Buddy Little Steveie Bannon has said the same thing

Steve Bannon, Donald Trump’s Closest Adviser, Just Wants to See the World Burn

Over the last ten days, it's been easy to feel like shadow President Donald Trump and the actual President Steve Bannon are purposely trying to destroy this country, but common sense would indicate that such an idea would be ridiculous. After all, these are men who wanted the giant responsibility of running the nation. Surely, they couldn't have set out to do evil, right, guys? Right? I said, right, guys? Oh no. The fact that no one is responding is a little unnerving. Well, if you are to believe these next two sources, it sure seems like Donald Trump and Steve Bannon are okay with letting the whole thing burn down. Those sources? Donald Trump and Steve Bannon.

I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed

Shocked, I asked him what he meant. “Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press.

https://www.gq.com/story/steve-bannon-shadow-president?mbid=social_facebook&fbclid=IwAR0W6wBneDExeu0NCVisz2Q0MmW0zCVhibqc4dX1_dRAuPyofm7UYhlFTbw

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2023, 02:31:29 am »
Trumps Old Buddy Little Steveie Bannon has said the same thing

Steve Bannon, Donald Trump’s Closest Adviser, Just Wants to See the World Burn

Over the last ten days, it's been easy to feel like shadow President Donald Trump and the actual President Steve Bannon are purposely trying to destroy this country, but common sense would indicate that such an idea would be ridiculous. After all, these are men who wanted the giant responsibility of running the nation. Surely, they couldn't have set out to do evil, right, guys? Right? I said, right, guys? Oh no. The fact that no one is responding is a little unnerving. Well, if you are to believe these next two sources, it sure seems like Donald Trump and Steve Bannon are okay with letting the whole thing burn down. Those sources? Donald Trump and Steve Bannon.

I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed

Shocked, I asked him what he meant. “Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press.

https://www.gq.com/story/steve-bannon-shadow-president?mbid=social_facebook&fbclid=IwAR0W6wBneDExeu0NCVisz2Q0MmW0zCVhibqc4dX1_dRAuPyofm7UYhlFTbw

If you make it larger is it less srupid? 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 02:32:26 am by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2023, 03:26:45 am »

keep your other day slack  shakespeare

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2023, 03:29:08 am »

you were born to be a FREEPER...