Author Topic: Scientists just discovered an ‘astonishing’ way to create energy out of thin air: ‘The sky is quite  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Scientists just discovered an ‘astonishing’ way to create energy out of thin air: ‘The sky is quite literally the limit’
Story by Nick Paschal • Yesterday 12:00 PM

It’s a magical time for clean energy production. Methods like wind and solar power are leading the way, but they may soon have competition because — similar to a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat — scientists in Australia have found a way to pull electricity out of thin air.

The magicians in this story are Dr. Rhys Grinter, Ph.D. student Ashleigh Kropp, and Professor Chris Greening from the Monash University Biomedicine Discovery Institute in Melbourne, Australia. The scientific journal, Nature, published their findings.

But this is no children’s magic trick. These scientists produced and analyzed a hydrogen-consuming enzyme from a common soil bacterium. The enzyme, called Huc, pulls hydrogen from the atmosphere and converts it into electricity.

Finding alternative power sources is crucial as we work to move away from dirty energy. Mining, drilling, and burning dirty energy sources like coal, crude oil, and natural gas create numerous problems for our health and the planet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/scientists-just-discovered-an-astonishing-way-to-create-energy-out-of-thin-air-the-sky-is-quite-literally-the-limit/ar-AA1agfTW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=72f0cde5cdde45ee92c1c068a084d408&ei=49
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
John Galt... please pick up the nearest courtesy phone.

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

That is not going to scale up to even the level of powering some outdoor lights.