Author Topic: New Report: Biden EPA Is Massively Overestimating ‘Real-World’ Range Of EVs  (Read 103 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JOHN HUGH DEMASTRI ON APR 24, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

New Report: Biden EPA Is Massively Overestimating ‘Real-World’ Range Of EVs

electric car charging stationElectric vehicles (EVs) often fail to achieve the ranges reported by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in real-world conditions, according to a study published by the transportation industry group SAE International.

While internal combustion engines tend to either meet or surpass their EPA figures in real-world testing, EVs often fell far short of their reported range and efficiency in actuality, automotive news outlet Car and Driver reported Friday. [emphasis, links added]

Real-world conditions such as road conditions, extreme temperature and drivers fully charging their batteries — which manufacturers recommend avoiding to extend battery life — often result in significant disparities with reported range numbers, according to the SAE International study, which was based on data gathered by Car and Driver.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/new-report-biden-epa-is-massively-overestimating-real-world-range-of-evs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson