Author Topic: Gamers keep leaking sensitive military info  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gamers keep leaking sensitive military info
« on: April 20, 2023, 10:36:35 am »
Gamers keep leaking sensitive military info
Story by Stephen Totilo • 1h ago

The recent online leak of Pentagon information is providing some deja vu to gamers, who've seen the release of military secrets in video game forums turn into a trend in recent years.

Why it matters: Past incidents show how hard it is to stop such leaks. It's easy to post documents online, and the urge to win an argument or otherwise impress online peers is strong.

Driving the news: Since mid-2021, fans of the realistic military-themed game War Thunder have occasionally posted classified or otherwise restricted information related to British, French, Chinese and U.S. weapons systems, sending forum moderators scrambling to delete the messages.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gamers-keep-leaking-sensitive-military-info/ar-AA1a5YSp?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=ab6af49b901b4524a047a52f4c40f98a&ei=44
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Gamers keep leaking sensitive military info
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 10:37:41 am »
If gamers can figure out what the military is doing, I'll just bet the Russians and Chinese can too. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson