Author Topic: Pentagon Sounds Alarm Over Biden Plan for Offshore Wind Sites  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon Sounds Alarm Over Biden Plan for Offshore Wind Sites
The Defense Department has raised concerns about East Coast areas earmarked for new wind farms in a setback for the fledgling industry.

ByJennifer A Dlouhy
April 17, 2023 at 7:30 AM EDTUpdated onApril 17, 2023 at 3:58 PM EDT

The Pentagon is sounding alarms over Biden administration plans to advance offshore wind projects along the central Atlantic US coast, warning that almost all of the new terrain eyed for development conflicts with military operations.

Maps shared with industry stakeholders and seen by Bloomberg News show vast red areas that the Navy and Air Force have deemed “highly problematic,” covering prime real estate the Interior Department last year earmarked for leasing off the coasts of North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Delaware.

relates to Pentagon Sounds Alarm Over Biden Plan for Offshore Wind Sites
The Defense Department’s concerns, which come on top of other conflicts identified by the US Coast Guard, have spooked renewable power developers and US East Coast states counting on mid-Atlantic wind farms to meet clean energy and climate goals.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-04-17/pentagon-calls-biden-wind-farm-plans-problematic-for-us-military#xj4y7vzkg?leadSource=uverify%20wall?leadSource=uverify%20wall?leadSource=uverify%20wall
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pentagon Sounds Alarm Over Biden Plan for Offshore Wind Sites
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 02:13:56 pm »
Here I thought saving the planet from global warming was such a huge priority for the military, then they throw this wrench!  WELL, I never ------ wink777
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Pentagon Sounds Alarm Over Biden Plan for Offshore Wind Sites
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 02:45:54 pm »
 ////00000////

We can add offshore wind farms to the list of things navy ships collide with, like other ships and underwater seamounts.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright