Author Topic: Oregon pushes bill to let 'minor of any age' have abortion without parental awareness or consent  (Read 376 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

The Oregon state legislature introduced bill in March that would allow minors of any age to have an abortion without parental knowledge. An attorney for the legislative office, Lori Anne Sills, claimed in an April 13th Ways and Means committee meeting, that "under the current law it is not entirely clear at what age a minor can make the determination to have an abortion without parental consent."

She said, "under HB 2002A, however, a minor of any age can make that determination."  When asked by State Senator Tim Knopp, "so a 10-year old can make that decision on their own," she responded with, "yes."

https://thepostmillennial.com/oregon-pushes-bill-to-let-minor-of-any-age-have-abortion-without-parental-awareness-or-consent
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Forget it, folks.
It's Oregon...

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.