Author Topic: Remains of World War II POW, Bataan Death March survivor identified  (Read 96 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Remains of World War II POW, Bataan Death March survivor identified
By Staff Reports
 Apr 6, 08:15 AM

Defense Department researchers have identified the remains of a 28-year-old Army private who was captured and died as a Prisoner of War during World War II.

Pvt. Leroy M. Slenker, 28, of El Segundo, California served as a member of 75th Ordnance Depot Company in 1941 when Japanese forces invaded the Philippine Islands in December, according to a release from the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency.

Fighting continued on in April 1942 on the Bataan peninsula and also in May of the same year on Corregidor Island.

Thousands of U.S. and Filipino troops captured by the invading Japanese military were force-marched on a 65-mile course to the Cabanatuan POW camp in what would later be known as the “Bataan Death March.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/04/06/remains-of-world-war-ii-pow-bataan-death-march-survivor-identified/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Remains of World War II POW, Bataan Death March survivor identified
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 02:16:13 pm »
  :flag:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson