Author Topic: Employment growth slows with 236,000 jobs in March  (Read 337 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Employment growth slows with 236,000 jobs in March
« on: April 07, 2023, 01:23:12 pm »
Employment growth slows with 236,000 jobs in March
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
April 07, 2023 08:32 AM

The economy added 236,000 jobs in March, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday, a slight slowdown from the strong gains of recent months that indicates the labor market might be slowing in response to the Federal Reserve's rate hikes but remains robust.

The unemployment rate edged down a tenth of a percentage point to 3.5%, a very low figure historically.

March's slowdown in job creation and wage growth could cause the central bank to gauge that the labor market no longer threatens to drive up inflation and could sway it toward a more dovish monetary stance.

"The March employment report shows some steam is coming out of the job market, but it isn’t falling out of bed," said Mark Hamrick, Bankrate's senior economic analyst. "Growth in payrolls was largely as expected, and substantially below the pace of the previous two months."

The Fed is hoping to bring down inflation without tipping the country into inflation — thought to be a difficult task. But Friday's report is a sign of hope to the extent that it shows that employment growth is at a sustainable pace without unemployment rising.

In fact, unemployment is near the lowest levels since the 1960s. Unemployment for black workers fell to 5%, the lowest rate on record.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/employment-growth-slows-march-unemployment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Employment growth slows with 236,000 jobs in March
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 01:39:54 pm »
Interesting stats as I have encountered several people who can't find employees to fill their job openings.  They aren't just entry level jobs they are in skilled trades, upper management positions, and professional medical positions.

Driving around I also see plenty of help wanted signs.

Where are the people to fill these jobs?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 01:48:13 pm »
This should ease inflation somewhat especially if this trend continues

But, ultimately, is the spending, spending, printing, borrowing that’s the underlying cause
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 02:10:01 pm »
This should ease inflation somewhat especially if this trend continues

But, ultimately, is the spending, spending, printing, borrowing that’s the underlying cause

Spending as in sending BILLIONS to Ukraine.  Also China, Russia and others not buying our treasuries and we are nearing a situation where the dollar is no longer the dominant currency.  The oil crisis is yet another; no worries Brandon has put has foot down and EV's WILL be the future.  Of course everyone can afford to just ditch their gas vehicles for an EV!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 05:34:38 pm »
Not enough to pause the Fed.