Author Topic: Donald Trump arrest: Whom did Trump 'defraud' in 34 felony counts of hush money payments?  (Read 413 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump arrest: Whom did Trump 'defraud' in 34 felony counts of hush money payments?
Tiana Lowe

More than half a decade after the Trump Organization reimbursed convicted perjurer Michael Cohen for a hush money payment to Stormy Daniels, Alvin Bragg has bet $200 million of taxpayer money and his political career on the 34 felony counts with which he charged Donald Trump today. The former president has denied all wrongdoing. Contrary to the left-leaning media's assertion that Trump would be indicted on conspiracy charges, all 34 counts are charges of falsifying business records in the first degree.

Unlike the misdemeanor charge of falsifying business records in the second degree, the first degree felony has a statute of limitations of five years, not two. But every indictment listed occurred in 2017, outside the statute of limitations.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/whom-did-trump-defraud-in-34-felony-counts
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The judge should have thrown the case out.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

The judge should have thrown the case out.

It’s rare for a trial judge to throw out an indictment.  Especially against a member of a disfavored group. 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump defrauded NY state government, NY state voters, auditors, and any counterparties, like banks, who would make financial decisions based upon those documents.

Trump's instinct use all cash was correct.

If you want something to stay a secret, don't leave a paper trail of fraudulent financial documentation provided to auditors, tax officials, and financial counterparties.

If the Trump Org was domiciled in Florida in 2015/2016/2017, this may not have been an issue.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Trump defrauded NY state government, NY state voters, auditors, and any counterparties, like banks, who would make financial decisions based upon those documents.

Trump's instinct use all cash was correct.

If you want something to stay a secret, don't leave a paper trail of fraudulent financial documentation provided to auditors, tax officials, and financial counterparties.

If the Trump Org was domiciled in Florida in 2015/2016/2017, this may not have been an issue.

How so?  The acts forming the basis for the charges are the various ledger entries that formed the process of using personal funds to make the payments to the hookers via Cohen, and putting those invoices into the corporate records of the Trump revocable trust are some of the charges.

There is no “there” there, because the entries in question don’t represent a representation of assets on hand that didn’t actually exist.