Author Topic: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders  (Read 11716 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders
« Reply #175 on: April 05, 2023, 04:17:14 pm »
I luv ya @catfish1957 ... and ask in friendship that you leave me the hell out of this specious, nonsensical argument.  I have made both my
opinions and the reasons for them as clear as I can. 

It's enough.

Thanks.

Fair enough.  :beer:  Sometimes we just have agree to disagree.  And in friendship, I will always consider you my partner in documenting  the '20 steal that night.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #176 on: April 05, 2023, 08:05:49 pm »
I suppose Levin has the same right as any of the rest of us to convince people to support his preferred candidate.

But I do think the logic of "he's been indicted by a leftist Democrat so we must all support him for the nomination" is just a dumb argument.  It's basically letting the Democrats choose our nominee.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #177 on: April 05, 2023, 09:02:06 pm »

« Reply #178 on: April 05, 2023, 09:03:37 pm »
Fair enough.  :beer:  Sometimes we just have agree to disagree.  And in friendship, I will always consider you my partner in documenting  the '20 steal that night.

888high58888

« Reply #179 on: April 05, 2023, 09:09:00 pm »

But I do think the logic of "he's been indicted by a leftist Democrat so we must all support him for the nomination" is just a dumb argument.

Except that's not his argument. 

(Short) Video:

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexbruesewitz/status/1643457005632233474

« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 09:19:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2023, 10:26:45 pm »
I suppose Levin has the same right as any of the rest of us to convince people to support his preferred candidate.

But I do think the logic of "he's been indicted by a leftist Democrat so we must all support him for the nomination" is just a dumb argument.  It's basically letting the Democrats choose our nominee.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Like it or not,it is also the truth.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2023, 01:01:32 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

It's an opinion, not a fact, so it isn't either true or false.  Either way, it doesn't persuade me personally, and I won't vote for Trump under any circumstances.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2023, 01:07:14 am »
Except that's not his argument. 

(Short) Video:

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexbruesewitz/status/1643457005632233474
. Sure it is.

Levin also is making the same mistake as do so many others - they confuse intent and rhetoric with effectiveness.  They like the message Trump sends, so they think he should be supported.  The problem is that he doesn't understand how the government actually works, is too easily fooled/baited by the left, and is terrible at selecting key subordinates.  All the right sentiments in the world are worthless if you lack the ability to implement them properly.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 03:01:05 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2023, 01:27:35 am »
. Sure it is.

Levin makes the same mistake as do so many others - they confuse intent and rhetoric with effectiveness.  They like the message Trump sends, so they think he should be supported.  The problem is that he doesn't understand how the government actually works...

Bullshit.

American voters remember the four years of our strength on the world stage, peace, prosperity, energy independence, borders under control and a spine of steel ----- courtesy of Donald J. Trump.

The problem for you is:  We want him back.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 01:32:57 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2023, 01:43:13 am »
Bullshit.

American voters remember the four years of our strength on the world stage, peace, prosperity, energy independence, borders under control and a spine of steel ----- courtesy of Donald J. Trump.

Trump did some good things, no question.  But his flaws also meant that he failed badly at other things that were critical, and at which he should have been able to succeed if he wasn't such a...Trump.

The problem for you is:  We want him back.

Fair enough.   I don't want him to be the GOP nominee, so obviously I'd prefer it if others didn't.   So you could say that's a "problem" for me. But the problem for you is that he won't be elected/re-elected no matter how badly you want that to happen.

Feel free to bookmark this and taunt me with it if I'm wrong.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 01:52:04 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2023, 01:48:40 am »

But the problem for you is that he won't be elected/re-elected no matter how badly you want that to happen.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2023, 02:29:48 am »
Trump wins one poll

Democrats are winning elections
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2023, 02:35:59 am »
Trump did some good things, no question.  But his flaws also meant that he failed badly at other things that were critical, and at which he should have been able to succeed if he wasn't such a...Trump.

Fair enough.   I don't want him to be the GOP nominee, so obviously I'd prefer it if others didn't.   So you could say that's a "problem" for me. But the problem for you is that he won't be elected/re-elected no matter how badly you want that to happen.

Feel free to bookmark this and taunt me with it if I'm wrong.

The MAGA belief is things will get so bad that the voters will pull the lever for Trump no matter what. It’s possible but I wouldn’t want to stake another election on that.

I didn’t think the term MAGA Republican would matter in 2022 because of voter dissatisfaction with Biden but I was wrong. And it’s still working
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 02:51:35 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2023, 03:34:18 am »
Trump wins one poll

Democrats are winning elections
:amen:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2023, 03:57:37 am »
The MAGA belief is things will get so bad that the voters will pull the lever for Trump no matter what. It’s possible but I wouldn’t want to stake another election on that.

To me, that logic is dependent upon Biden being the nominee, which I still believe is unlikely in the end.  They'll run someone younger, and age will be an issue.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2023, 05:26:12 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

LOL!

No, it is not.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #191 on: April 06, 2023, 03:38:13 pm »
MAGA

My Ass Got Arrested.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #192 on: April 06, 2023, 03:42:20 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #193 on: April 06, 2023, 03:48:41 pm »
MAGA

My Ass Got Arrested.

lol...and quoting a former briefer.... "Top Notch"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #194 on: April 06, 2023, 03:52:50 pm »
To me, that logic is dependent upon Biden being the nominee, which I still believe is unlikely in the end.  They'll run someone younger, and age will be an issue.

RFK Jr. just put his hat in the ring....much younger.  Whether or not the Kennedy name these days will carry him is unlikely.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2023, 03:56:05 pm »
RFK Jr. just put his hat in the ring....much younger.  Whether or not the Kennedy name these days will carry him is unlikely.

There's a lot more optics in this day of poltics over substance.  I can see his voice alone grating dim primary voters.

« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2023, 04:01:35 pm »
Garrett Gentry
@GarrettVentry

.@Reuters:  "Donald Trump remains the Republican party favorite for the 2024 presidential primary despite a criminal indictment. Ron DeSantis' support has weakened since our last poll.”

Trump: 48
Desantis: 19

2:29 PM · Apr 5, 2023

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #197 on: April 06, 2023, 04:05:49 pm »
Garrett Gentry
@GarrettVentry

.@Reuters:  "Donald Trump remains the Republican party favorite for the 2024 presidential primary despite a criminal indictment. Ron DeSantis' support has weakened since our last poll.”

Trump: 48
Desantis: 19

2:29 PM · Apr 5, 2023

Agree.  Unless something drastically happens in the dynamics of this race.  It's over.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2023, 04:06:10 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2023, 04:07:43 pm »
Agree.  Unless something drastically happens in the dynamics of this race.  It's over.

Trump will never be acquitted, I'd say that's pretty drastic.