Author Topic: Protecting nature is more important than ‘quickly’ building renewables, most Americans say  (Read 99 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
filed:  March 31, 2023 • U.S.
Protecting nature is more important than ‘quickly’ building renewables, most Americans say 
Credit:  Robinson Meyer | March 23, 2023 | heatmap.news ~~

Translate:  FROM English | TO English

Nearly 80% of U.S. adults believe conservation is more important than a speedy renewable energy rollout, our poll finds. That spells trouble for Biden’s climate agenda.

In Virginia, environmentalists fought a utility-scale solar farm that would rank among the largest on the East Coast.

In New Jersey, an ocean-conservation group is battling an offshore wind farm that could power half a million homes.

In Utah, Nevada, and even the San Francisco Bay area, green groups are threatening renewable projects that officials say are crucial to meeting local zero-carbon goals.

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2023/03/31/protecting-nature-is-more-important-than-quickly-building-renewables-most-americans-say/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson