Author Topic: So Far, the Republican Party’s Response to the Indictment of President Trump Is to Use the Event for  (Read 511 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
So Far, the Republican Party’s Response to the Indictment of President Trump Is to Use the Event for Fundraising
PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS • APRIL 2, 2023 • 200 WORDS

The Republican Party has a handful of members of leadership potential who have our country’s success at heart — Jim Jordan, Ron Thompson, Rand Paul, Ron DeSantis — but they are limited by the Republican Establishment, which is part of the same corrupt gang as the Democrats. When you see Senate Republicans clinging to Mitch McConnell as the Republican leader in the Senate, you know that there is no fight in the Republican Party. The Republicans are part of the problem.

Trump’s great failure is that he did not use his electoral support to create a new party and to terminate the useless Republican Party by moving the Republican vote to a party that actually represented the majority of American voters. Trump failed because he surrounded himself with Republican Establishment enemies who deserted him. I knew he was finished when he failed to stand by General Michael Flynn, former Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, who knew where all the bodies were buried and could have protected Trump had Trump had sense enough to appoint an Attorney General who was not his enemy.

Perhaps Trump has learned and no longer is a babe in the woods. But with a majority of Republicans in Congress happy to be rid of him, it is uncertain what Trump’s fate will be.

https://www.unz.com/proberts/so-far-the-republican-partys-response-to-the-indictment-of-president-trump-is-to-use-the-event-for-fundraising/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So I guess they are using it the same way Trump is?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ron Thompson?  Who the hell is Ron Thompson?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So I guess they are using it the same way Trump is?

You just can't help yourself, can you?   **nononono*

Online GtHawk

You just can't help yourself, can you?   **nononono*
WOW TALK ABOUT THE CAULDRON CALLING THE teapot BLACK, glass houses and all that! And please just for reality sake explain how Trump is using this manure pile of Braggs to his advantage to up his position in the polls and boost his campaign funds? I will not apologize for not genuflecting at the Trump altar, he is man and only that, when he is right I will support him and when he is wrong I will say it. And NOTHING changes the fact that he wouldn't be in this position if he hadn't been whoring around on his wife, but you all forgive him that while you attack others for the same thing :thud:

Oh and in parting I just want to commend you again on your biting wit, to the bone you took me with that clever repartee. Perhaps you should put me on ignore than you won't have to be concerned when I 'can't help myself'.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
WOW TALK ABOUT THE CAULDRON CALLING THE teapot BLACK, glass houses and all that! And please just for reality sake explain how Trump is using this manure pile of Braggs to his advantage to up his position in the polls and boost his campaign funds? I will not apologize for not genuflecting at the Trump altar, he is man and only that, when he is right I will support him and when he is wrong I will say it. And NOTHING changes the fact that he wouldn't be in this position if he hadn't been whoring around on his wife, but you all forgive him that while you attack others for the same thing :thud:

Oh and in parting I just want to commend you again on your biting wit, to the bone you took me with that clever repartee. Perhaps you should put me on ignore than you won't have to be concerned when I 'can't help myself'.

Yep, the same merchants who cry a river of tears, when at the same time Trump's slimey Stone-Pecker attack lackey dogs do the same to his opponents.....   And GOP ones at that.  They made a career of hypocrisy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yep, the same merchants who cry a river of tears, when at the same time Trump's slimey Stone-Pecker attack lackey dogs do the same to his opponents.....   And GOP ones at that.  They made a career of hypocrisy.

:mauslaff:

Offline libertybele

Only a few GOP politicians have spoken out.  Most remain silent.  About a dozen of his supporters showed up in FL around Mar A Lago.   So far the drama has been low key -- a good thing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

Only a few GOP politicians have spoken out.  Most remain silent.  About a dozen of his supporters showed up in FL around Mar A Lago.   So far the drama has been low key -- a good thing.
It should be low key, that way Antifa fascists and other agents of the dnc will not be given opportunity to engage in acts that will be blamed on Trumps supporters.

Offline libertybele

It should be low key, that way Antifa fascists and other agents of the dnc will not be given opportunity to engage in acts that will be blamed on Trumps supporters.

Agreed, let's just hope it remains low key.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.