Author Topic: Old refineries incapable of manufacturing enough light hydrocarbons to electrify the world  (Read 159 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Old refineries incapable of manufacturing enough light hydrocarbons to electrify the world
By Ronald Stein |March 30th, 2023|33 Comments

The zero-emission movement in the wealthy countries are experiencing a “dangerous delusion” of a global transition to “just electricity” that eliminates the use of the three fossil fuels of crude oil, natural gas, and coal, that made society achieve so much in a few centuries. As old refineries accelerate their closure rates in the coming years, new Asia refineries are coming to the rescue! Does Asia’s rescue represent the good news or the bad news?

The future does not bode well as 20 percent of the 700 worldwide aging refineries are projected to close in the next 5 years that will result in less manufacturing with the loss of 140 sites to meet the ever growing demands of ships, jets, and the derivatives needed for all the products demanded by society. With less manufacturing in wealthy countries in the days ahead, further shortages and inflation of both fuels and products in perpetuity are guaranteed.

As old refinery closures accelerate, it’s becoming obvious that wind turbines, solar panels, and EV’s may face challenging growth as they are 100 percent made with those limited light end hydrocarbons that will diminish with refinery closures. But wait, Asia is coming to the rescue!

https://www.cfact.org/2023/03/30/old-refineries-incapable-of-manufacturing-enough-light-hydrocarbons-to-electrify-the-world/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=old-refineries-incapable-of-manufacturing-enough-light-hydrocarbons-to-electrify-the-world&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=old-refineries-incapable-of-manufacturing-enough-light-hydrocarbons-to-electrify-the-world
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson