Author Topic: WATCH: President Biden delivers remarks on maintaining a resilient banking system  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Pull my finger!
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Apparently, SVB didn't have a head of risk management for months, and the European risk management officer was more interested in racial and gender diversity than diversifying economic risks.

:bingo:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Notwithstanding that I think the govt is buying underneath, the market is heading up, on the theory I guess that the current banking situation means no more rate hikes for awhile.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Notwithstanding that I think the govt is buying underneath, the market is heading up, on the theory I guess that the current banking situation means no more rate hikes for awhile.

Saw all kind of fishy crap earlier in the smaller bank plays earlier.  Smaller banks crashed and in most cases roared back. Right after, and seemed almost signaled after a few went through a circuit breaker hold.   

Suspicious as hell, if you ask me.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dan Bongino
@dbongino
·
34s
Biden is corrupt human filth, and always has been.
Using this crisis, CAUSED BY GOVT, to blame Trump is absolutely disgusting and proves my point about the garbage now running this country. They’re truly the worst people among us.
It isn't just the cream that rises to the top.

The sewers are full of 'floaters'. Scum of the Earth.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Harrison
@HarrisonKrank
·
47s
Joe Biden just blamed Trump for the failures at Silicone Valley bank and Signature bank

Lol

Of course he did

I would’ve been surprised if he didn’t
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Saw all kind of fishy crap earlier in the smaller bank plays earlier.  Smaller banks crashed and in most cases roared back. Right after, and seemed almost signaled after a few went through a circuit breaker hold.   

Suspicious as hell, if you ask me.

Definitely suspicious as hell. Trading now nearly every day, I'm convinced the FedGov is heavily manipulating the market. Ease of movement has always been to the downside - it's easier to destroy than build.

Not anymore. Anytime the market goes down too much, it pops right back up, or goes sideways from sudden buying that comes into the market. The market will sell into it, sometimes for hours, before it gives up and goes the other way. It's a consistent pattern that shouldn't be there, and you're not seeing that to near the extent on the upside.

And it's not being pushed up in a buying reaction as a defined trend, even like a dead cat bounce, but something more meandering and sideways. As if they just want to keep it propped up but directionless - which we have been for a year now.

Plus there's the put/call ratio. Usually for the same strike distance puts have double the value of calls. They do now because of the uncertainty, but before that not so much. It's as if they know the downside is being propped up.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 04:49:15 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Lol
Of course he did
I would’ve been surprised if he didn’t
The heartbreak of psoriasis? Yep, Trump's fault.
Flat tire? Trump's fault.
Milk in the refrigerator gone bad? Definitely Trump's fault.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The heartbreak of psoriasis? Yep, Trump's fault.
Flat tire? Trump's fault.
Milk in the refrigerator gone bad? Definitely Trump's fault.

Hunter's condom broke... trumps fault.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Definitely suspicious as hell. Trading now nearly every day, I'm convinced the FedGov is heavily manipulating the market. Ease of movement has always been to the downside - it's easier to destroy than build.

Not anymore. Anytime the market goes down too much, it pops right back up, or goes sideways from sudden buying that comes into the market. The market will sell into it, sometimes for hours, before it gives up and goes the other way. It's a consistent pattern that shouldn't be there, and you're not seeing that to near the extent on the upside.

And it's not being pushed up in a buying reaction as a defined trend, even like a dead cat bounce, but something more meandering and sideways. As if they just want to keep it propped up but directionless - which we have been for a year now.

Plus there's the put/call ratio. Usually for the same strike distance puts have double the value of calls. They do now because of the uncertainty, but before that not so much. It's as if they know the downside is being propped up.

A decent and competent SEC would be investigating all of the short sellling of small to mid market cap bank stocks today, but we both know the odds of that....   And who probably is benefiting.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

BTC was also mysteriously up 15% today.  Nothing like an infusion of untraceable currency to cover a flurry of transactional monkey business

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Psaki: “President Biden does nothing at 9 AM… The fact that he [giving a speech about the bank failure] at 9 AM speaks to how vital the White House recognizes it is.” (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1635320430931382272

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Can you assure Americans that there won't be a ripple effect? Do you expect other banks to fail?"

BIDEN: *shuts door*" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1635266484216774657