Author Topic: Give up Beef and Dairy or the Global Climate Gets It  (Read 266 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Give up Beef and Dairy or the Global Climate Gets It
« on: March 09, 2023, 12:52:52 pm »
Give up Beef and Dairy or the Global Climate Gets It
18 hours ago Eric Worrall 77 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

“… Unless humans rapidly change mass food production systems, including eating less beef and dairy, emissions from the sector could add nearly 1 degree to global temperatures by 2100 …”

The food we eat is ramping up global warming, study warns

By Mark Saunokonoko • Senior Journalist
8:51am Mar 7, 2023

Unless humans rapidly change mass food production systems, including eating less beef and dairy, emissions from the sector could add nearly 1 degree to global temperatures by 2100, a study has warned.

If that modelling is accurate, the 1.5 degrees target in the Paris Agreement which called for countries to take concerted action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions is in peril.

Global food consumption alone could boost warming by almost 1 degree by the end of this century, researchers from Columbia University in the US said.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/08/give-up-beef-and-dairy-or-the-global-climate-gets-it/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Give up Beef and Dairy or the Global Climate Gets It
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 01:08:32 pm »
:mauslaff:

What a crock.  The ice caps were suppposed to be gone 8 years ago, back in 2015.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 07:04:11 pm »
IF that modelling is accurate, the 1.5 degrees target in the Paris Agreement which called for countries to take concerted action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions is in peril.

IF...well there's your problem right there! IF these scare mongers really believe what they are shoveling than they should commit suicide for the good of Gaia and all her creatures.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 09:18:33 pm »
Want to see a mad angry individual, capable of mean stuff?

Take away his steaks and cheese.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online berdie

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 09:33:03 pm »
Want to see a mad angry individual, capable of mean stuff?

Take away his steaks and cheese.   :cool:

Or hers, lol :yowsa:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 10:39:57 pm »
"Give up Beef and Dairy or the Global Climate Gets It..."

...Immediately brings this to mind: