Author Topic: 10 myths told by COVID experts — and now debunked  (Read 424 times)

Offline Kamaji

10 myths told by COVID experts — and now debunked
« on: February 28, 2023, 01:35:30 pm »
10 myths told by COVID experts — and now debunked

By Marty Makary
February 27, 2023

In the past few weeks, a series of analyses published by highly respected researchers have exposed a truth about public health officials during COVID:

Much of the time, they were wrong.

To be clear, public health officials were not wrong for making recommendations based on what was known at the time. That’s understandable. You go with the data you have.
No, they were wrong because they refused to change their directives in the face of new evidence. When a study did not support their policies, they dismissed them and censored opposing opinions.

At the same time, the Center for Disease Control weaponized research itself but putting out its own flawed studies in its own non-peer-reviewed medical journal, MMWR.

In the final analysis, public health officials actively propagated misinformation that ruined lives and forever damaged public trust in the medical profession. Here are 10 ways they misled Americans:

Misinformation #1: Natural Immunity offers little protection compared to Vaccinated Immunity

Misinformation #2: Masks prevent COVID transmission

Misinformation #3: School closures reduce COVID transmission

Misinformation #4: Myocarditis from the vaccine is less common than from the infection

Misinformation #5: Young people benefit from a vaccine booster

Misinformation #6: Vaccine mandates increased vaccination rates

Misinformation #7: Covid originating from the Wuhan Lab is a conspiracy theory

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/02/27/10-myths-told-by-covid-experts-now-debunked/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 10 myths told by COVID experts — and now debunked
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 10:43:33 pm »
Misinformation #8: It was important to get the second vaccine dose three or four weeks after the first dose

Misinformation #9: Data on the bivalent vaccine is ‘crystal clear’

Misinformation #10: One in five people get long COVID

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 02:51:10 am »
Why is all this coming out now? All of this was probably known for at least a year, but why put all of this “Oh damn we were wrong” stuff out now?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 03:38:31 am »
Why is all this coming out now? All of this was probably known for at least a year, but why put all of this “Oh damn we were wrong” stuff out now?
Apparently they think the people whose kids are reading two grade levels lower than they should be, who lost their businesses/homes/ loved ones to this nonsense have forgotten all about it and are busy watching the sky for balloons.

I think they underestimate the depth of the damage they have done to folks, and the enmity and distrust they have won themselves.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 02:14:23 pm »
Wittgenstein
@backtolife_2023
·
1h
Reminder - The Bill Gates funded WHO changed the definition of "Herd Immunity" leading up to the jab rollout
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org