Author Topic: $900+ Billion Investment Firm Begins Bribing Employees to Invest Clients’ Money in ESG  (Read 228 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
$900+ Billion Investment Firm Begins Bribing Employees to Invest Clients’ Money in ESG
CRAIG BANNISTER | FEBRUARY 17, 2023 | 12:08PM EST

A global asset management corporation handling total portfolio funds in excess of nine hundred billion dollars is now bribing its employees to make investment decisions that subordinate profit maximization to the advancement of environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals.

On Thursday, AXA Investment Managers (AXA IM) announced that it will now provide financial incentives to its approximately four hundred senior executives based on reallocating portfolio fund investments to achieve ESG goals:

“As part of its commitment to becoming net zero as a business and investor by 2050 to help the transition to a more sustainable world, AXA Investment Managers (AXA IM) is now including ESG targets in the remuneration of its senior executives.”

The compensation policy focuses primarily on portfolio decarbonization objectives.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/900-billion-investment-firm-begins-bribing-employees-invest-clients-money-esg
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

This is doomed to fail because ESG’s are not based on tangible things like profit margins and success of a company, but on how somebody feels about whatever social justice belief someone shares at that particular time

People invest because they want to make money. As Danny DeVito’s character said in the movie, “Other  People’s Money,” people become stockholders because they want to make money. They don’t care if the company produces wire and cable, fried chicken, or tangerines. They want to make money.

Basing stock and Investment on something so subjective like social justice, you have to force people to investing in companies and stock that probably are not doing that well
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy