Author Topic: Chicken Little meets the boy who cried wolf  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicken Little meets the boy who cried wolf
« on: February 22, 2023, 01:07:39 pm »
Chicken Little meets the boy who cried wolf
By Duggan Flanakin |February 21st, 2023|Climate|30 Comments

In Disney’s 2005 adaptation of the tale of Chicken Little, the squawking bird that for over a century had been the symbol of the follies of alarmism becomes the heroine for sounding the alarm – turning the moral of the venerable story on its head.

Half a century ago, our first climate fears, as described on the covers of Time, Newsweek, and many other avant garde “news” magazines, were of “a coming ice age.” But when a warming trend ensued shortly afterward, the mantra turned to “global warming.”

It is almost laughable, therefore, that the trillion-dollar climate change industry today (including the self-appointed fact checker Snopes) has gone the extra mile to disclaim those early stories. In 2015, Scientific American cried out, “For Its 40th Birthday, Let’s Retire Newsweek‘s Global Cooling Story.”

Whoa? Trillion? Chump change. The United Nations says we need $8.1 trillion by 2050 to successfully tackle the interlinked climate, biodiversity, and land degradation crises.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/02/21/chicken-little-meets-the-boy-who-cried-wolf/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=chicken-little-meets-the-boy-who-cried-wolf&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=chicken-little-meets-the-boy-who-cried-wolf
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson