Author Topic: 'Pure discrimination': Democrats brought to tears by Kentucky bill that prevents teachers from being  (Read 392 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Pure discrimination': Democrats brought to tears by Kentucky bill that prevents teachers from being forced to use preferred pronouns
NEWS
ANDREW CHAPADOSFebruary 17, 2023

A Kentucky bill recently passed the state Senate that prohibits school districts from requiring teachers to use the preferred pronouns of their students and requires school officials to notify parents if they are providing certain services to students, covering topics such as "human sexuality" or "family planning."

Kentucky Democrats called Senate Bill 150 "discrimination," "horrible," and "destructive," with one state senator reportedly having "sobbed," according to Kentucky.com.

Regarding teachers being compelled to use a student's preferred pronouns, the bill states that it shall "prohibit a school district from requiring school personnel or pupils to use pronouns for students that do not conform to that student's biological sex."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ky-pronoun-compelled-speech-bill
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's about time someone did this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji