Author Topic: Sky Fall For The Battery Con Trick  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sky Fall For The Battery Con Trick
« on: February 18, 2023, 12:50:19 pm »
Sky Fall For The Battery Con Trick
FEBRUARY 14, 2023
tags: batteries, battery, storage
By Paul Homewood

Sky News have fallen for the old battery storage trick again!

Sky News has been given exclusive access to Europe’s biggest transmission grid-linked battery which takes in the uneven power from wind turbines and smoothing it out for local homes and businesses.

It looks like a self-storage park: rows of shipping containers in a patch of Merseyside waste ground. But appearances can be deceptive as this is the first step in saving billions of pounds off bills and millions of tonnes of carbon. It’s a mega-battery.

Let’s take a step back. One of the great advantages of fossil fuels, and one we take largely for granted, is they are so easy to store. Piles of coal, drums of oil, tanks of gas. They just sit there waiting for a deliberate spark.

Renewables are different: you can’t hold the wind or bottle the sun. As the proportion of green power on our grid grows so does this inconvenient truth.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/02/14/sky-fall-for-the-battery-con-trick/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson