Author Topic: Lockheed: F-35 deliveries can’t resume until mishap investigation done  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lockheed: F-35 deliveries can’t resume until mishap investigation done
By Stephen Losey
 Jan 25, 09:57 AM

WASHINGTON — Nearly six weeks into the acceptance flight pause that has halted deliveries of new F-35 fighters, it remains uncertain when they will resume.

In an earnings call with analysts Tuesday, Lockheed Martin chief executive Jim Taiclet said the company is awaiting the completion of an investigation into a Dec. 15 F-35B mishap before acceptance flights — required before new fighters can be delivered — can once again take place.

Taiclet did not provide a time frame for when he expects deliveries to resume.

The company’s earnings report for the end of 2022 offered a glimpse of how the delivery pause at the end of the year hit its aeronautics sector’s bottom line.

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2023/01/25/lockheed-f-35-deliveries-cant-resume-until-mishap-investigation-done/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson