Author Topic: It’s time to call out the nonsense of nonbinary  (Read 588 times)

Offline mountaineer

It’s time to call out the nonsense of nonbinary
« on: January 17, 2023, 04:10:43 pm »
It’s time to call out the nonsense of nonbinary
Everyone is either male or female – get over it.
Brendan O'Neill
Jan. 16, 2023
What’s more important – women’s rights or Sam Smith’s feelings? We’ve had a loud and clear answer to that maddest of questions over the past few days. It’s Sam Smith’s feelings. Of course it is. The right of this ear-piercing nonbinary balladeer not to suffer the indignity of winning an award with the word ‘male’ on it – despite his obviously being a bloke – takes precedence over the right of female pop artists to have their own sexed awards category and to pick up gongs for their work. Smith’s eccentric identity trumps your right to win prizes, ladies. Suck it up.

This is the news that all the nominees in the Brit Awards’ gender-neutral Artist of the Year award are men this year. Or people assigned male at birth, I should say. Harry Styles, Stormzy, George Ezra, Central Cee and Fred Again. Not a lady in sight. (And no, Mr Styles, the fact that you occasionally don polka-dot dresses and ruby booties and talk about sprinkling ‘nuggets of sexual ambiguity’ into pop culture doesn’t change that you’re a fella.) The media are shocked. In our girlboss era, not one girl’s up for artist of the year? ‘Why are no women nominated for best artist?’, asks a startled BBC.

It’s their surprise that is surprising. Gender-critical voices warned that collapsing the male and female categories into one flabby, woke, unsexed Artist of the Year field would disadvantage pop’s women. Even the Brits itself seemed to see the downsides to genderfluidity. ...
Read entire article

Sam Smith is a singer who "identifies as non-binary." These people deserve all mockery we can dish out. Eye liner and some ear bobs do not a woman make.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Re: It’s time to call out the nonsense of nonbinary
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 05:56:05 pm »
There is no such thing as "non-binary" where gender is concerned.  If you're a person who likes to do what used to be called cross-dressing, then fine, call yourself a cross-dresser, or a "clothing isn't gendered" dresser, but don't pretend that you are something other than a biological male, a biological female, or - I suppose - you could be a neuter, but only if you've had your sexual organs removed.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 06:03:21 pm »
There is no such thing as "non-binary" where gender is concerned.  If you're a person who likes to do what used to be called cross-dressing, then fine, call yourself a cross-dresser, or a "clothing isn't gendered" dresser, but don't pretend that you are something other than a biological male, a biological female, or - I suppose - you could be a neuter, but only if you've had your sexual organs removed.

Nope.  Still a bio male or female.  There is no way to remove or change chromosomes that I am aware of.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 06:09:09 pm »
Nope.  Still a bio male or female.  There is no way to remove or change chromosomes that I am aware of.

Yes, but I'm willing to concede to a third gender, namely neuter, for the sake of keeping the peace.  One can be 'he', 'she', or 'it'.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 06:11:49 pm »
I mean, there is intersex. Certain syndromes can cause the 23rd chromosome to not be clear-cut.

But the vast majority of "nonbinary" claimants have no such case. The sole purpose of this "nonbinary" claptrap is subversion. If it is a norm, the "nonbinary" attacks it. The fact that the rules of grammar say you're not supposed to use a plural pronoun for a specific singular entity is all the more reason for the nonbinary to use "they/them" pronouns. If you're biologically male, express yourself as a man... you can still call yourself nonbinary because nothing is supposed to matter. It's rebellion against everything.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 06:12:39 pm »
I mean, there is intersex. Certain syndromes can cause the 23rd chromosome to not be clear-cut.

But the vast majority of "nonbinary" claimants have no such case. The sole purpose of this "nonbinary" claptrap is subversion. If it is a norm, the "nonbinary" attacks it. The fact that the rules of grammar say you're not supposed to use a plural pronoun for a specific singular entity is all the more reason for the nonbinary to use "they/them" pronouns. If you're biologically male, express yourself as a man... you can still call yourself nonbinary because nothing is supposed to matter. It's rebellion against everything.

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 06:29:51 pm »
A eunuch is still male. A post-mastectomy woman is still female. Mutilation and chemicals and makeup don't mean diddly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 07:05:09 pm »
"non-binary".....means can't get none.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 07:56:12 pm »
There is a figurative trope going around about Abraham Lincoln speaking to the politics of his day. “If you count the tail as a leg, how many legs does a dog have?”, Lincoln asked. Following up he answered, “Four. Counting the tail as a leg does not make it so.”
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2023, 07:57:39 pm »
There is a figurative trope going around about Abraham Lincoln speaking to the politics of his day. “If you count the tail as a leg, how many legs does a dog have?”, Lincoln asked. Following up he answered, “Four. Counting the tail as a leg does not make it so.”

:thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2023, 08:29:18 pm »
Start??? I've never stopped.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2023, 11:32:47 pm »
Lando wrote:
“If you count the tail as a leg, how many legs does a dog have?”, Lincoln asked. Following up he answered, “Four. Counting the tail as a leg does not make it so.”

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2023, 11:48:37 pm »
It's as binary as standing or sitting to urinate.

It's as binary as using the Men's tee or the Women's tee at the Golf Course.

We need to designate restrooms as Men's, Women's, and Meatheads'.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2023, 11:53:07 pm »
It's as binary as standing or sitting to urinate.

It's as binary as using the Men's tee or the Women's tee at the Golf Course.

We need to designate restrooms as Men's, Women's, and Meatheads'.

Meatheads get a slit trench and a snapple bottle...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis