Author Topic: What Climate Crisis? A Primer On Earth’s Turbulent Climatic Past  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY IAN PLIMER ON JAN 13, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

What Climate Crisis? A Primer On Earth’s Turbulent Climatic Past

For more than 80 percent of the time, Earth has been a warm wet greenhouse planet with no ice. We live in unusual times when ice occurs on continents. This did not happen overnight.

The great southern continent, Gondwanaland, formed about 550 million years ago. It occupied 20 percent of the area of our planet and included Antarctica, South America, Australia, South Africa, and the Indian subcontinent. [emphasis, links added]

Gondwanaland was covered by ice when it drifted across the South Pole 360-255 million years ago. Evidence for this ice age is in the black coal districts of Australia, South Africa, and India.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/what-climate-crisis-a-primer-on-earths-turbulent-climatic-past/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson