Author Topic: Measles in Ohio: The center of a major outbreak  (Read 651 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Measles in Ohio: The center of a major outbreak
« on: December 30, 2022, 02:18:05 pm »
Measles in Ohio: The center of a major outbreak
by Brady Knox, Breaking News Reporter |
December 29, 2022 10:33 PM

Central Ohio is the epicenter of a sizable measles outbreak in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Of 117 cases reported nationwide, Franklin County, Ohio, accounted for 82. That's 70% of the total nationwide case count, according to data from the CDC and Columbus Public Health.

The cases were entirely in children under 18, and the majority occurred in children ages 1 to 5. The cases were heavily distributed among the unvaccinated. Ninety percent of those infected had received no doses of the measles vaccine. Four cases were in people reporting just one dose and four were of unknown vaccination status.

"It's very frustrating, knowing that it's preventable with a vaccine — a safe, effective, accessible vaccine," Columbus Public Health Commissioner Mysheika Roberts told Axios.

Of those infected, 32 had to be hospitalized. No deaths have been reported so far.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/central-ohio-measles-outbreak
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Measles in Ohio: The center of a major outbreak
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 04:43:02 pm »
Gee, I wonder if the drugs needed to treat measles are even available.
Not that Kate
@kate_freedomer
My youngest child just got diagnosed with strep at the urgent care. No big deal. Rx for Amoxicillin. However, CVS says they have none, and it is back-ordered. Could someone explain how we are sending billions to Ukraine, but our kids can't get basic meds?
7:45 PM · Dec 30, 2022
If it's this difficult to get a basic antibiotic, we may be in for some serious trouble.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 10:27:03 pm »
I'd like to see the demographics on those contracting the disease...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 03:04:23 am »
My thoughts, too.

I also wonder how many outbreaks among the 'unvaccinated' are actually outbreaks among illegal alien communities whose members were not vetted coming across the border and before distribution by this administration.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 09:39:44 am »
The return of Polio, measles and chicken pox here in the US.  You would think we were a 3rd world shithole.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 12:05:07 am »
My first thought was Amish, given that they have a large population in Ohio... but the demographics suggest that it's almost entirely within the city of Columbus, so that obviously wouldn't be the Amish.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 12:16:39 am »
My first thought was Amish, given that they have a large population in Ohio... but the demographics suggest that it's almost entirely within the city of Columbus, so that obviously wouldn't be the Amish.
No. I'm guessing immigrants.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org