Author Topic: MSNBC’s Mitchell to Fauci: How Difficult Was It to Stand Next to Trump Spreading Misinformation?  (Read 424 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC’s Mitchell to Fauci: How Difficult Was It to Stand Next to Trump Spreading Misinformation?

Pam Key 13 Dec 2022

MSNBC anchor Andrea Mitchell asked Outgoing National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director Dr. Anthony Fauci how difficult it was to stand next to then-President Donald Trump saying things that “are not accurate about public health,” Tuesday on her show “Andrea Mitchell Reports.”

Partial transcript as follows:

MITCHELL: So you are standing next to the president in all these COVID briefings. How difficult is it for you when you hear him saying things that you know are not accurate about public health?

FAUCI: It’s difficult because I have a great deal of respect for the office the presidency of the United States as I do for all government institutions. But I felt I had to speak up against and contradict what he said not only for my own professional and personal integrity but my responsibility to the American public, when you hear things being said that are just not true. The people on the far-right somehow construe that I enjoyed that, that I was trying to undermine him. I did not enjoy that at all. I just felt very uncomfortable but I had to do it.

MITCHELL: So when you hear the president of the United States promoting hydroxychloroquine for COVID.

FAUCI: Right.

MITCHELL: And listening to advisors like a doctor from California and his trade advisor, and the government, the federal government spending, according to some reports, $20 million to buy that, stockpile other for COVID. What– what can you do in your role?

FAUCI: Speak up like I did. And it didn’t help much, because he just kept on doing what he wanted to do. But it had the result of creating a phenomenal amount of hostility against me among the people around him, which has spilled over into the people who are very much listening to everything that he has said. And that has made it very uncomfortable, the reason why I’m getting so many threats against me.

MITCHELL: Do you think that lives were lost because of the way all of this became so polarized?

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: Well, if– you know, I– when I say things like that, it gets thrown out of proportion in sound bites. The but fact is vaccines save lives. If you say something or do something to dissuade people from getting vaccinated, then lives will unnecessarily be lost. That’s just a fact.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/12/13/msnbcs-mitchell-to-fauci-how-difficult-was-it-to-stand-next-to-trump-spreading-misinformation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And that's his story and he's sticking to it....

Scientific credibility means squat at this point, he's 5 million richer we know about, retired on nearly a half million a year...

What, him worry? He's not going to come clean.

And ever the weasel words. "Vaccines save lives". Undeniably, real vaccines do, provided they've been tested rigorously and approved with a minimum of adverse effects. The mRNA treatments were not, were not, and as for saving lives, well the jury is still out.

Studies designed to discredit other treatments were waved about despite bad science, poor construction of the studies, and even Ivermectin now (belatedly) being admitted to be effective. It's criminal what he and others of his ilk did, and likely in collusion with tech platforms to ensure the American people and people around the world continued to be misinformed about treatment efficacy and the alleged effectiveness and safety of the jabs.

A little digging beyond the mischaracterizations of the MSM show that what Trump talked about had promise, indeed, as shown in pre-COVID studies on other viruses and SARS, but attempts to post links to those studies, without comment, in the NIH library, were thwarted by Facebook and Twitter (now under new management).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 09:11:17 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Hey Andrea, now ask the American public, "How difficult was it to see unelected overpaid bureaucrats lie about a virus and destroy the country's economy and the public education system in the process?"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org