Author Topic: ‘Can We Actually Build It?’ Defense Industry Leaders Look Ahead to Uncertain 2023  (Read 292 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Can We Actually Build It?’ Defense Industry Leaders Look Ahead to Uncertain 2023

The war in Ukraine—combined with worker shortages, inflation, and other factors—has made it more difficult and more expensive to produce the most in-demand weapons.
MARCUS WEISGERBER | DECEMBER 12, 2022 01:27 PM ET
INDUSTRY CONGRESS UKRAINE

SIMI VALLEY, California—With Pentagon budgets headed for a new record, defense officials and industry executives wonder: Can contractors fulfill all the outstanding weapons orders?

Defense spending could rise 10 percent in 2023, though relatively few U.S. troops are deployed in conflict zones around the world. A good chunk of the increase is meant to rush weapons to Ukrainian forces fighting off the Russian invasion and replenish the U.S. missiles, artillery, and other weapons donated to Kyiv.

But it’s not clear whether defense companies—and more importantly, the thousands of small businesses that supply them—can meet the demand, due to a confluence of worker shortages, record-high inflation, and supply-chain disruptions that have been exacerbated by a years-long pandemic and an uncertain economic outlook. On top of that, executives say the Pentagon has been slow to award contracts to rebuild weapon stockpiles. Those that were awarded quickly were fast-tracked by top-level Biden administration officials.

https://www.defenseone.com/business/2022/12/can-we-actually-build-it-defense-industry-leaders-look-ahead-uncertain-2023/380725/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 02:30:26 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
George Washington, in his Farewell Address, warned against "entangling alliances" of which Ukraine and Taiwan are two.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Dump the mandates (woke and otherwise) the workers will come back..

Online rustynail

Biden Admin Buys U.S. Navy Luxury Bidet Equipped With ‘Effective Enema Function’
Bio Bidet's BB-1000 has 'the absolute strongest spray pressure of any electronic bidet seat on the market.'

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/us-navy-splurges-on-pricey-bidet-with-effective-enema-function/