Author Topic: ‘I’m not a Washington Democrat’: Manchin leaves door open to becoming independent  (Read 683 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘I’m not a Washington Democrat’: Manchin leaves door open to becoming independent
by Samantha-Jo Roth, Congressional Reporter |
December 12, 2022 03:31 PM

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) suggested he is open to becoming an independent like Sen. Krysten Sinema (I-AZ) in response to questions from reporters on Capitol Hill Monday.

“I’ll look at all of these things. I've always looked at all those things but I have no intention of doing anything right now. Whether I do something later, I can't tell you what the future is going to bring," Manchin told CNN's Manu Raju.

Manchin has at times proven to be a thorn in the Biden administration's side, by crossing party lines to oppose legislation or block White House appointees. He has also continually opposed efforts to eliminate the filibuster, which would make it easier for Democrats to pass legislation.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/manchin-leaves-door-open-becoming-independent
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Whatever.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Sinema's tactic: changing to independent insulates you from being primaried.

Offline LMAO

Sinema's tactic: changing to independent insulates you from being primaried.

That may be true, but you can still be voted out of office and Manchin’s seat is more of a potential GOP pick up next time around than Sinema’s
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Nope...a'int buying it.  Joes of a feather, flock together.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Nope...a'int buying it.  Joes of a feather, flock together.

I'm not buying it either.  He's going to run in '24 as a DEM unless the DEMS have a 'discussion' with him and tell him otherwise.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

What he is REALLY saying is "I can't be bought,but I can be rented!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

What he is REALLY saying is "I can't be bought,but I can be rented!"
Absolutely.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

‘I’m not a Washington Democrat’

Yes, you are.  For the last 12 years, you've been a Washington Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline The_Reader_David

That may be true, but you can still be voted out of office and Manchin’s seat is more of a potential GOP pick up next time around than Sinema’s

True, but shifting to Independent would give Manchin the chance to forestall that by caucusing with the GOP if they give him a better deal than the 'Rats offer on whatever West Virginians want from Manchin or a potential replacement.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.