Author Topic: Election may well shift national security policy on Ukraine, Russia, China, defense spending, and mo  (Read 194 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Election may well shift national security policy on Ukraine, Russia, China, defense spending, vaccines mandates, and more
by Jamie McIntyre, Senior Writer |
November 08, 2022 07:12 AM

NATIONAL SECURITY ON THE BALLOT: It’s not the top issue in any of the recent voter surveys, but how voters cast their ballots today could have profound implications for a range of national security issues from limiting U.S. aid for Ukraine to dialing back so-called woke policies at the Pentagon.

The prize in one of the most consequential midterm elections in recent memory is control of Congress, and with it the ability to advance or block the agenda of President Joe Biden in the second half of his term in office. All 435 House seats are up for grabs, along with 35 seats in the Senate. The Republicans need only gain five seats in the House and one in the Senate to wrest full control from the Democrats.

‘NO BLANK CHECKS’: House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), who insists he has the votes to become speaker if Republicans reclaim the House, said that while he’s “very supportive” of aid to Ukraine and wants to do more to arm Taiwan faster in the face of increasing threats from China, he’s sticking to his recent “no blank checks” pledge.

“It means no blank checks for anything. It means no blank checks for any other policy,” McCarthy told CNN in an interview that aired yesterday. “I think there has to be accountability brought forth. We have a $31 trillion debt. I think the American people deserve that.”

“I'm very supportive on Ukraine,” he said. “We should supply the weapons to Taiwan early so China would not invade, make the world a safer and more secure place. And that's why I think you always need not a blank check but make sure that resources are going where it's needed and make sure that Congress and the Senate have the ability to debate it openly.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/election-may-well-shift-national-security-policy-on-ukraine-russia-china-defense-spending-vaccines-mandates-and-more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34