Author Topic: Air Force to begin withdrawing F-15s from Kadena in November  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force to begin withdrawing F-15s from Kadena in November
« on: November 01, 2022, 01:57:15 pm »
Air Force to begin withdrawing F-15s from Kadena in November
Stephen Losey
Fri, October 28, 2022 at 12:06 PM·2 min read

WASHINGTON — The Air Force plans to start withdrawing its two squadrons of F-15C and D Eagle fighters from Kadena Air Base in Japan on Nov. 1.

In a statement issued Friday, Air Force spokeswoman Ann Stefanek said the phased withdrawal of the aging F-15s, which the service is retiring, will take place over two years.

Kadena now has at least 48 F-15s as part of the 18th Wing’s 44th and 67th fighter squadrons. The withdrawal of the F-15s will take place in waves as the older planes fly back to the United States. The Air Force’s F-15Cs and Ds are well into their third decade — some even pushing 40 years — and are nearing the end of their lives.

As the F-15s retire, Stefanek said the Air Force will rotate newer and more advanced fourth- and fifth-generation fighters to take their place. These rotations will be temporary, but Stefanek said the military will “maintain a steady-state presence at Kadena.”

https://www.yahoo.com/now/air-force-begin-withdrawing-f-160651096.html
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 02:00:31 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson