Author Topic: JUST IN: Space Progress Slowed by ‘Bureaucratic Inertia,’ Official Says  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JUST IN: Space Progress Slowed by ‘Bureaucratic Inertia,’ Official Says
10/26/2022
By Josh Luckenbaugh   

As the United States’ youngest service enters its fourth year, the Space Force must look for ways to speed up technological development in order to not fall behind competitors, a top service official said.

China has rapidly expanded its space capabilities in recent years, becoming the first country to land a spacecraft on the far side of the Moon in 2019 and in 2020 completing its BeiDou Navigation Satellite System, a significant rival to the United States’ Global Positioning System.

“[The Chinese] have built a military space reconnaissance strike enterprise that starts … with the ability to collect intelligence,” Vice Chief of Space Operations Gen. David “DT” Thompson said during a keynote address at the Mitchell Institute Spacepower Security Forum.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2022/10/26/space-progress-slowed-by-bureaucratic-inertia-official-says
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A sloth can move faster than military bureaucracy. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ironhorsedriver

Not only typical bureaucratic delays, now they have to figure if its woke enough.