Author Topic: Fake Navy SEAL stole millions from victims to fund luxury lifestyle  (Read 777 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fake Navy SEAL stole millions from victims to fund luxury lifestyle
By Jonathan Lehrfeld
 Thursday, Oct 20

A Californian man pleaded guilty on Monday to stealing up to $1.5 million from nearly 20 victims by pretending to be a Navy SEAL, according to federal officials.

Ze’Shawn Stanley Campbell, 35, from Irvine, California admitted to one count of wire fraud and one count of money laundering for the online scams.

By alleging he served as a Navy SEAL in Iraq and Afghanistan, Campbell gained the trust of 10 individuals and nine companies between April 2014 and April 2020. He then reportedly swindled them into paying his personal expenses and buying him luxurious goods.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/10/20/fake-navy-seal-stole-millions-from-victims-to-fund-luxury-lifestyle/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Fake Navy SEAL stole millions from victims to fund luxury lifestyle
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 03:25:52 pm »
Stolen Valor.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 05:14:22 pm »
Tip for those who don't already know, it's quite a rare thing for a real Navy SEAL to tell anyone he's a Navy SEAL.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 06:37:23 pm »
Tip for those who don't already know, it's quite a rare thing for a real Navy SEAL to tell anyone he's a Navy SEAL.
True enough, especially active duty. A lifelong friend who was on the original seal team six, showed me his plankowner's certificate, but that was years after he got out.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2022, 06:56:13 pm »
True enough, especially active duty. A lifelong friend who was on the original seal team six, showed me his plankowner's certificate, but that was years after he got out.

He was one of Dick Marchenko's guys.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 05:49:44 am »
He was one of Dick Marchenko's guys.
Yep. Mentioned by name in Rogue Warrior (He'd been out for a while by the time the book came out). He passed a few years ago, but we'd been good friends for 55 years. Brothers from different mothers stuff.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 01:41:34 pm »
Yep. Mentioned by name in Rogue Warrior (He'd been out for a while by the time the book came out). He passed a few years ago, but we'd been good friends for 55 years. Brothers from different mothers stuff.

You run with some good guys!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 04:21:28 pm »
You run with some good guys!  :beer:
:beer: I have been privileged. 

We have all excelled, each in our own way, in the group of kids I ran with.

Some great, even heroic, and some went the other way, but no matter what path chosen, no mediocrity.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 04:42:11 pm »
:beer: I have been privileged. 

We have all excelled, each in our own way, in the group of kids I ran with.

Some great, even heroic, and some went the other way, but no matter what path chosen, no mediocrity.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 08:57:26 pm »
POS was scamming people for 6-7 years. Lots and lots of stories but not a single picture of Ze'Shawn...I wonder why :pondering:
https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/romance-scammer-pleads-guilty-federal-charges-admitting-he-stole-hundreds-thousands

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2022, 01:43:27 am »
POS was scamming people for 6-7 years. Lots and lots of stories but not a single picture of Ze'Shawn...I wonder why :pondering:
https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/romance-scammer-pleads-guilty-federal-charges-admitting-he-stole-hundreds-thousands

I believe the Amish don't like their picture taken.  :smokin:
The Republic is lost.