Author Topic: Stand by your pronouns  (Read 173 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Stand by your pronouns
« on: October 18, 2022, 03:54:33 pm »
October 17, 2022
Stand by your pronouns
By J.R. Dunn
This past weekend, Derek Hunter published in Townhall a well turned, nicely argued piece attacking the kind of "liberals" who take their small children to drag shows.  This a classic case of the lefty tactic of using their own kids as cannon fodder to promote their ideology. No sane individual would disagree with Hunter's stance here.

But then, right in the middle, we get this:

What does this do to the mind of a kid? In the future, it'll likely mean they'll have some serious problems with their parents, up to not talking to them anymore.

That's right — in the midst of a piece attacking LGBTQ+ agitprop, Hunter effectively gives up the fort by using trans pronouns.

I don't want to come across as attacking Hunter, who seems to be the level-headed sort that the movement needs a lot more of.  This kind of thing is universal — I'm sure you could provide your own examples, and plenty of them.  But there's no getting around the fact that it's a weakness, an unnecessary one, and one that needs correcting.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/10/stand_by_your_pronouns.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Stand by your pronouns
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 04:03:59 pm »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright