Author Topic: Future Army medics will lean hard on new tech to help mass casualties  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Future Army medics will lean hard on new tech to help mass casualties
By Todd South
 Oct 13, 01:41 PM

WASHINGTON — As the Army modernizes for large-scale, high-casualty combat, its medical branch must keep up with the pace of battle.

Army medical leaders have three main tasks: get wounded soldiers back in the fight, clear the battlefield of resource-intensive casualties and get medical resources to the frontlines amid contested logistics from fort to port.

How they get there, top officers explained Tuesday at the annual Association of the U.S. Army conference will require technologies not yet invented and a series of experiments that started this year and will run over the next two years.

Col. James Jones, director of medical capability development and integration at Army Futures Command, painted a picture of what future commanders will face.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/10/13/future-army-medics-will-lean-hard-on-new-tech-to-help-mass-casualties/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson