Author Topic: Biden's student loan handout is a slap in the face to combat vets like me  (Read 151 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Biden's student loan handout is a slap in the face to combat vets like me

Elton Johnson - Yesterday 2:00 PM

Maybe President Joe Biden has the best of intentions with his new student loan handout plan. Maybe he’s looking to score political points as the midterm elections loom. Either way, it’s a slap in the face to all of us who sacrificed to repay our loans. It’s doubly unfair for those of us who repaid what we owed and were called into battle, upending our lives, professions and, in cases like mine, racking up massive liabilities as we defended our country.

September marks 21 years since that awful day in 2001. Then I was a major in the U.S. Army Reserve and the sole owner and sole employee of my financial services firm, AmeriVet Securities, Inc.

My company at that time had the distinction of being the first financial services firm in the securities industry to be certified as both minority-owned and operated and disabled vet-owned and operated business (I received a VA disability rating due to being a paratrooper in the U.S. Army Reserve and being injured on a parachute training jump in 1988, but the injury was not serious enough to prevent me from continuing to serve).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-s-student-loan-handout-is-a-slap-in-the-face-to-combat-vets-like-me/ar-AA123cZW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f7363447882f45ee913f9efb8c570f99
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson