Author Topic: Declarations of “climate emergency,” not the climate, are causing serious harm  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Declarations of “climate emergency,” not the climate, are causing serious harm

By CFACT Ed |September 17th, 2022|General Information|73 Comments
TRANSLATED  FROM AN INTERVIEW WITH LÁSZLÓ SZARKA

It is a great honour for me to interview László Szarka. Coming from a Calvinistic minister’s family, Szarka is professor of geophysics at the University of Sopron, member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (HAS) and former General Director of the Research Centre for Astronomy and Earth Sciences. He is recipient of many awards such as: the «Youth academic prize» (1988), awarded by the HAS, and the «Knight Cross to the Merit» (2010), awarded by the President of the Republic of Hungary.

Professor Szarka, you are an internationally outstanding geophysicist, the right person to ask questions about the current climate policy aiming at reaching zero anthropogenic CO2 emissions by 2050.

«If your question is whether it is feasible to achieve one hundred per cent renewable energy, the answer based on real science is no. You see, not a single wind or solar power plant has been or will ever be produced by the energy of wind and solar power. To just built those plants high intensity and reliable energy is needed, and this comes only from coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy as well as from hydropower, the only really renewable».

https://www.cfact.org/2022/09/17/declarations-of-climate-emergency-not-the-climate-are-causing-serious-harm/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=declarations-of-climate-emergency-not-the-climate-are-causing-serious-harm
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson