Author Topic: Recon Marines Adopt Shorter Barreled M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle While Eying Up New Army Weapon  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Recon Marines Adopt Shorter Barreled M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle While Eying Up New Army Weapon

by Guy McCardle
36 minutes ago

America’s Pit Bull

The  United States Marine Corps has always done things a little differently than the other branches of the service, and that’s a good thing. You want to have various tools in your toolbox to successfully tackle any problem that may arise. The problem is, that the Marine Corps is a part of the Navy, does not get to establish its own spending priorities. As a result, it tends to be the Hand Me Down branch of the military, taking what it can get.

One of my favorite short series in recent years is HBO’s Generation Kill. It is based on real-life stories from the early days of Operation Iraqi Freedom and was written by Rolling Stone reporter Evan Wright, who was embedded with Recon Marines. I highly recommend watching it, because it is equal parts funny and moving. My favorite Marine depicted here is Corporal Ray Person. He explained the Marine Corps in the following way to Wright,

“We’re like America’s little pit bull. They beat us, starve us, mistreat us, and once in a while, they let us out to attack somebody.” – Cpl. Ray Person, USMC

https://sofrep.com/news/recon-marines-adopt-shorter-barreled-m27-infantry-automatic-rifle-while-eying-up-new-army-weapon/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 01:40:45 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson