Author Topic: Wormuth: Here are the 6 areas the Army must be prepared for in 2030  (Read 157 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Wormuth: Here are the 6 areas the Army must be prepared for in 2030

Soldiers must be ready for a battlefield where "Army forces are going to be under constant observation, and what can be seen can be targeted," the Army's top civilian said.
By   ANDREW EVERSDEN
on September 15, 2022 at 9:19 AM

WASHINGTON — As the US Army prepares to fight on the battlefield of 2030, Secretary of the Army Christine Wormuth is making public six key areas the Army must be prepared for as it anticipates  “transparent” battlefield, where “Army forces are going to be under constant observation, and what can be seen can be targeted.”

Speaking at the Maneuver Warfighter Conference at Fort Benning, Ga. on Tuesday, Wormuth described a fighting force that must be more lethal, mobile, and protected in order to successfully fight against near-peer threats like China or Russia, as the service moves forward with its modernization strategy.

“The advent of longer range fires, cyberattacks and …proliferation of UAS on the battlefield means that anyone can come under attack whether you’re on the edge of the battlefield, whether you’re in the rear areas, or even if you’re in the homeland,” Wormuth said. 

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/09/wormuth-here-are-the-6-areas-the-army-must-be-prepared-for-in-2030/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Wormuth: Here are the 6 areas the Army must be prepared for in 2030
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 02:07:11 pm »
I just know CRT and proper pronoun usage will be invaluable assets to get the troops ready! *****rollingeyes***** 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 02:08:16 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson