Author Topic: National Security Analyst: Sanctuary City Officials Blaming Border States for 'Crisis' Is 'Ultimate  (Read 265 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
National Security Analyst: Sanctuary City Officials Blaming Border States for 'Crisis' Is 'Ultimate Hypocrisy'

By Bethany Blankley, The Western Journal
 September 9, 2022 at 2:35pm

A Washington, D.C., councilwoman who blamed the governors of Texas and Arizona for turning the U.S. capital into a “border town” wrote the city’s sanctuary city policy instructing officials not to comply with federal immigration law.

On Thursday, as Washington, D.C., officials declared a public emergency after nearly 10,000 people have been bused from the southern border to the U.S. capital, councilwoman Brianne Nadeau blamed the governors of Texas and Arizona, saying they “created this crisis.”

“We’ve learned from border towns like El Paso and Brownsville [Texas] and in many ways the governors of Texas and Arizona have turned us [Washington, D.C.] into a border town,” Nadeau said. “We don’t know how long this will take to resolve. We don’t know how long they will continue busing.”

https://ijr.com/national-security-analyst-sanctuary-city-officials-blaming-border-states-for-crisis-is-ultimate-hypocrisy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We don’t know how long they will continue busing.

Well, I'd guess at least until the border is closed. Duh.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis