Author Topic: The ignorant mob’s climate crisis is a hoax  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The ignorant mob’s climate crisis is a hoax
« on: September 08, 2022, 05:50:38 pm »
The ignorant mob’s climate crisis is a hoax
The incessant doom-mongering by radical left-wing activists is tiresome

Climate Crisis Hoax Illustration by Greg Groesch/The Washington Times
 By David Deming - - Monday, September 5, 2022
OPINION:

I can remember a time, perhaps 35 years ago, when it was possible to treat global warming as a legitimate scientific hypothesis. But in the 1990s the entire issue became hopelessly politicized. We’re now subjected to an onslaught of radical ideology masquerading as science. As activist Greta Thunberg candidly admitted in 2019, the supposed “climate crisis” is not just concerned with the environment, it’s about “dismantling colonial, racist, and patriarchal systems of oppression.”

We might take global warming more seriously if the environmental movement did not have a long history of doom-mongering. Old-fashioned conservation ethics were abandoned with the publication of Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring in 1962. Ms. Carson denounced pesticides as “evil” and alleged that the damage they did to the natural environment was irreversible. DDT was banned, malaria rebounded, and people died. A few years later, Paul Ehrlich infamously predicted that hundreds of millions of people would starve to death in the 1970s because agricultural production would not be able to keep pace with population growth. The famines never occurred because serious scientists like Norman Borlaug developed high-yield crop varieties culminating in the Green Revolution. Contrary to Mr. Ehrlich’s predictions, our problem is not too little food, but too much: We have a worldwide epidemic of obesity. But to this day, Mr. Ehrlich continues to be aggrandized, while Mr. Borlaug’s legacy lingers in obscurity.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/sep/5/the-ignorant-mobs-climate-crisis-is-a-hoax/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 05:51:55 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson