Author Topic: Criticism mounts ahead of full implementation of Illinois 'anti-police bill,' which keep criminals a  (Read 640 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Criticism mounts ahead of full implementation of Illinois 'anti-police bill,' which keep criminals and perverts on the streets

On Tuesday, after a weekend in which over 50 people were shot in Chicago, Republican candidate for Illinois governor Darren Bailey suggested that things in the state were about to get much worse.

Bailey, currently an Illinois state senator, held a press conference in Springfield with county sheriffs from around the state. He pointed out that the so-called SAFE-T ("Safety, Accountability, Fairness and Equity-Today") Act, which largely goes into effect on January 1, 2023, has already proven counter-productive and in full force will exacerbate conditions in cities like Chicago, which Bailey has previously characterized as a "hellhole."

The SAFE-T Act, signed into law by Democrat Gov. J.B. Pritzker on January 22, 2021, abolishes cash bail, prevents police from detaining a suspect on the basis of a risk assessment, and gives felons sentenced to home detention far greater latitude.

Ed Wojcicki, the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police executive director, called it an "anti-police bill."..............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/criticism-mounts-ahead-of-implementation-of-illinois-anti-police-bill
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Heading into the mid-terms I wonder how many cities we will see rioting IF the elections don't go as the leftists have planned?? 

Defunding the police has worked out so well!  *****rollingeyes*****
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.