Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Biden’s ‘Open Border’ Enriches Mexican Cartels and Needs Reforms, Rep. Mayra Flores Says  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Biden’s ‘Open Border’ Enriches Mexican Cartels and Needs Reforms, Rep. Mayra Flores Says

ILDEFONSO ORTIZ and BRANDON DARBY2 Sep 2022195

Congresswoman Mayra Flores (R-TX) wants to defund Mexican cartels by removing some of their primary revenue sources: human smuggling and trafficking.

“What we have now is practically an open border,” she said. “They don’t want to call it that, but when you allow everyone to come in and claim asylum knowing that 80 percent don’t have a legitimate claim, you created an open border.”

“This shouldn’t be political,” Rep. Flores said during an interview with Breitbart Texas. “Wanting to keep children safe, wanting to keep women safe from the abuse and the horrors they suffer at the hands of cartel smugglers should not be political. This is something we should all agree on. When did this become political?”

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2022/09/02/exclusive-bidens-open-border-enriches-mexican-cartels-and-needs-reforms-rep-mayra-flores-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson