Author Topic: Court Gives Green Light to Sue Biden for Trashing Environmental Law  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Court Gives Green Light to Sue Biden for Trashing Environmental Law
August 26, 2022

Bob Dane
Executive Director
A lawsuit charging that Biden administration immigration policies violate environmental law is moving forward in federal court. The legal challenge deserves a fair hearing amid widening degradation of southern borderlands, increasing strains on the nation’s infrastructure and a host of other impacts that can no longer be ignored.

Judge Trevor McFadden, appointed to the District Court bench in Washington, D.C., by President Donald Trump in 2017, took the case brought by the Massachusetts Coalition for Immigration Reform. MCIR asserts that Biden administration policies have vastly increased illegal immigration in violation of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).

“NEPA requires federal agencies to assess the environmental impact of major federal actions that significantly affect the environment. When it comes to mass migration, no such studies have ever been conducted,” noted Matt O’Brien, director of investigations for FAIR’s legal arm, the Immigration Reform Law Institute.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2022/08/26/court-gives-green-light-sue-biden-trashing-environmental-law
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson