Author Topic: Experts blame green energy for Europe's full-scale energy crisis: 'A warning to the US'  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Experts blame green energy for Europe's full-scale energy crisis: 'A warning to the US'
Thomas Catenacci - Yesterday 8:58 AM

Green energy policies in Europe designed to rapidly shift the continent away from fossil fuel dependence have contributed to soaring power prices in the region.

The European benchmark index measuring future electricity prices increased to a record $993 per megawatt hour (MWh) on Monday, days after prices in France and Germany surged 25%, according to European Energy Exchange data compiled by Bloomberg. By comparison, the average price of electricity in the U.S. hit $129 per MWh in June, federal data showed.

The energy crisis has forced consumers to cut back on power consumption, industrial production declines and energy rationing across the continent. The European Union Council (EU) scheduled an emergency meeting of EU energy ministers slated for next week in response to the market conditions.

"The skyrocketing electricity prices are now exposing, for different reasons, the limitations of our current electricity market design," European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen remarked during a speech Monday. "It was developed under completely different circumstances and for completely different purposes. It is no longer fit for purpose."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/experts-blame-green-energy-for-europe-s-full-scale-energy-crisis-a-warning-to-the-us/ar-AA11lYaS?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=afbd269af5aa427e8b401bb43cd93d98
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The greenies aren't good at math nor at economics.  They just can't comprehend the whole supply-demand thing.

They believe if they build enough windmills and solar panels they can save Mother Gaia from Global Climate Change.  All else be damned.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.