Author Topic: Trust but Verify: Green Berets reportedly being targeted by I CORPS for potential ties to “extremist  (Read 488 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Trust but Verify: Green Berets reportedly being targeted by I CORPS for potential ties to “extremist activity”

FEATUREDWIB CULTUREWIB LANDWIB POLITICS August 26, 2022 Andy Wolf 0

Green Berets of the First Special Forces Group (Airborne) are reportedly being looked at with more scrutiny by Military Police- at least according to an Army whistleblower site.

The information was leaked to TerminalCWO, a whistle-blowing page akin to USAWTFM and John Q. Public.

Along with the tip, a communique addressed to a 1st SFG Sergeant Major was enclosed.

“MPs have notified that there will be an increase in POV inspections for unregistered weapons,” the email read. “The MPs have been instructed from I CORPS to specifically target 1SFG(A) personnel, as the army [has] identified SOF members to be more involved in ‘Extremist Activity.’”

https://warisboring.com/trust-but-verify-green-berets-reportedly-being-targeted-by-i-corps-for-potential-ties-to-extremist-activity/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It seems the Army has become obsessed with right wing extremist activists. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Well if the military of tomorrow is going to be about focusing on punishing political dissent of Americans that don't lean left, I am suddenly taking a leftist view of downsizing our military. Let the new small brigade parade around in dresses, led by dress wearing transsexuals.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EdinVA

The army investigating the army... what could go wrong..

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It seems the Army has become obsessed with right wing extremist activists. :pondering:

@rangerrebew

The Regular Army is populated by "wear red and march in straight line" cretins with stars on their shoulders from attending the "right schools at the right time and making the right political connections".

They have ALWAYS hated SF because they can't make SF follow their orders.

There were more than a few back in the 60's that wanted to dissolve SF entirely,and put them back in the conventional infantry divisions are "Reconnaissance Platoons" under regular Army control.

Pissy little bitches with stars.

There is a true story of General Westmoreland flying from his Headquarters in Saigon to Nha Trang at dawn to relieve a USMC General from his command after the General REFUSED to send Marines to help end the NVA siege of a  USSF camp along the Laotian border at Ben Het that had been invaded by  NVA units using Soviet tanks for the first time in the war.

The American USSF soldiers and their Montagnard  strikers at the camp were outnumbered by at least 50 to 1,and the Marine Base at Nha Trang was REQUIRED to come to their aid if they were attacked and asked for help.

My last mission in VN was as a part of the Hatchet Force Platoon that went into Laos west of the attacking NVA Force,and set up a road block operation to prevent them from being able to flee from the US air and artillery strikes that eventually showed up.

When we finally had to pull out,the top of the hill where we had the roadblock set up was barren,with no trees standing. The US Army helicopters refused to come in and pull us out because they said it was "too dangerous". I literally heard the lead pilot say that,and got on the radio and told  him "If you think it is dangerous up there Bubba,you need to land and try being on this hilltop for a while."

We got out of there because one of the VN Air Force helicopters was out flying around on a training mission,heard us talking on the radio,and broke it to tell us "No sweat,I come get you!"

And come to get us is what the did. I had 4 out of the 7 yard members on my squad wounded,so my squad was the first one out. Here comes this VNAF pilot,all on his lonesome,with the door gunner firing his 30 caliber machine gun out the one door to try to suppress NVA fire,and the co-pilot leaning out the other window and firing his 45 ACP pistol to try to suppress fire on that side. He picked us up and dropped us off at the runway at the Ben Het SF camp,and then flew back to get another squad. He did this 4 times,until he had they all out,and once that happened,the USAF and USN fighter bombers just lit that hill up with napalm and high explosives.

I don't mind admitting that after landing at the Ben Het airstrip in an unmarked Helicopter not used by US Ground forces,and piling out with a mostly Asian crew,who announced to the camp that we were landing,while speaking with a thick VN accent.

I made DAMN sure the guys at the MG bunkers could get a good look at me and see I was pale and had a 4 or 5 day growth of beard. And you had better believe there were people at those berms giving us a VERY good look-over with binoculars.

The Battle of Ben Het was a VERY big deal at that time. Mostly because it was the first use of tanks in VN by the NVA.

IIRC,they never used them again. Fighter-bombers just LOVE tanks,and burning tanks blocking the road so all the other tanks and the troop trucks behind it are all sitting targets for other fighter-bombers are their dream come true!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 01:05:11 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@sneakypete You really should write a book.

Jot down those memories of events like that, and put them is some sort of chronological order...A little background info and the book would almost write itself...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete You really should write a book.

Jot down those memories of events like that, and put them is some sort of chronological order...A little background info and the book would almost write itself...

@Smokin Joe

Other people have already told most of it,and done a better job than I could do.

Besides,thanks to chemo brain,I have a hard time even making posts that big these days.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Other people have already told most of it,and done a better job than I could do.

Besides,thanks to chemo brain,I have a hard time even making posts that big these days.
Well, it might even help with the chemo brain...and folks like me will find it interesting... but that is up to you, my friend.

Btw, will a '39 Inny D model pickup radiator fit yours?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, it might even help with the chemo brain...and folks like me will find it interesting... but that is up to you, my friend.

Btw, will a '39 Inny D model pickup radiator fit yours?

My IHC half-ton pu is a 38 or 39 model. Can't remember which at this time. Has the "art-deco" grille.

Can't find the thumb drive with my vehicle photos on it at this time,but mine is a half-ton.

Offline Smokin Joe

My IHC half-ton pu is a 38 or 39 model. Can't remember which at this time. Has the "art-deco" grille.

Can't find the thumb drive with my vehicle photos on it at this time,but mine is a half-ton.
Not sure if this one is a half ton or 3/4, but it's mostly there, and I doubt I will get to it. I have it out at a former employer's place, and will get you some pics next time I am out that way.

C S Lewis