Author Topic: $50 million emergency bill introduced to aid migrants bused to DC  (Read 221 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
$50 million emergency bill introduced to aid migrants bused to DC
Cami Mondeaux - Yesterday 11:26 AM

The proposed bill would bolster the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Emergency Food and Shelter Program by providing an additional $50 million to go toward humanitarian assistance for migrants arriving in D.C. Congress has already allocated $150 million to the EFSP for migrant aid for the current fiscal year, with about $85 million remaining in that fund as of July 21.

DC UNVEILS AID FOR GROUPS HELPING MIGRANTS BUSED FROM BORDER STATES

“The governors of Texas and Arizona are exploiting and harming desperate and vulnerable people fleeing dangerous situations in their home countries for political gain,” Norton said in a statement. “I commend the work organizations in D.C. and the National Capital Region have done to assist these migrants, but more funding is needed to assist these families.”

If passed, the legislation would provide additional federal assistance after the Defense Department twice rejected requests from D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser to deploy National Guard troops to the district. Bowser’s request was denied in part because the department argued the city already has sufficient funds from FEMA that could be used to shelter the immigrants and provide necessary resources.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/50-million-emergency-bill-introduced-to-aid-migrants-bused-to-dc/ar-AA113nDt?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1f459a12b7054a16afb3d3aff5f09604
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: $50 million emergency bill introduced to aid migrants bused to DC
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 04:32:59 pm »
Just exactly how much has congress given to cities in Texas which are really overwhelmed by Biden policies?  This is nothing but the democrat congress covering the *ss of the incompetent mayor of the District of Corruption. :#@$%:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson